Flight Simulator Experiences
Our ‘FlightPad’ Sessions are designed for enthusiasts and career developers who want a full insight into operating a modern jet airliner. With extra time to tailor your experience, you can really get to know the aircraft. How about learning how to do a checklist, see how emergencies are handled, or practice your landings? Our FlightPad sessions are the fully-loaded simulator experience!
Just like the real 737, our fixed based simulator will enable you to experience the unique thrill of flying an airliner. No experience is required for you to take control and become a Virtual Captain! Our experiences are the ultimate gift or experience for someone wanting to take to the skies.
Terms and conditions apply. You can find them here.
Your Experience in Detail.
- When you book you will be sent a welcome message and a voucher code. Follow our booking instructions to select a date and time to suit you.
- How about starting your journey by looking around the Heathrow Experience? When ready you will be escorted into our Flight Pad departure lounge.
- Our instructor will then show you and up to 4 guests into a briefing room to conduct a pre-flight briefing and go over the aircraft controls and discuss the session.
- Want to fly from a particular airport? Ask us! Our simulator has many of the most popular destinations loaded. Mention it when booking or when you arrive.
- Once the briefing is complete, we will take you into the simulator. You will be shown into your seat with the rest of your crew assuming their positions at the back of the ‘aircraft’. It is at this point at which your simulator time begins.
- It is your session and therefore the simulator instructor will enable you to be at the controls at all times – we do however ask you pay attention to the techniques that your instructor demonstrates to ensure that your flight is a success!
- If you want to purchase more time, please ask your instructor who will be able to advise on availability on the day.
- Our Simulator is ‘fixed base’, so it doesn’t actually move. However, because our wrap-around visuals are so immersive, you will probably still feel like you are moving – don’t worry if this happens to you – it is perfectly normal!
- Time to relax – following your flight, there will be an opportunity to take pictures with all your guests. Your guests can take pictures during the flight too but we would urge that you remain fully in charge of your aircraft at all times!
- Just like on a real flight deck, we will conduct a post-flight briefing after each flight and discuss what went well and how you can improve for next time.
- Should you wish to take advantage of our in-flight shop, we have some fantastic items on sale in the Flight Pad arrival lounge.
- After we exit the Flight Pad, we will take you back to the reception or to the Pillars Restaurant to continue your experience.
How to Book.
To give you maximum control over your experience we operate a voucher based system. All payments are secure and will go through the UWL shop. Please follow the outline below to book your flight!
We try to accommodate all our guests but certain restrictions do apply for your own safety.
This list is not exhaustive so please refer to our terms and conditions for further information before booking.